Monday, April 14, 2014

HTML5breakout, a simple HTML5 game fully developed on Android tablet

Hello all, and sorry for my long absence, but I've been very busy with school and I used lots of free time to work on UniversalIDE, my open source project (version 0.3 is coming). I've also found an old little project which I started this summer, then I had forgotten it, but now I found and finished it.
It's an HTML5 arcade game, a remake of the classic breakout, with a little particularity: it has been fully developed using an Android Tablet (my Asus ME301T), by writing code with DroidEdit Free and drawing graphics sprites of the bloks with Android Photo Editor. The only graphics that hasn't been drown by me are the background and the explosion sprite, which are both from OpenGameArt.

It can be played both on computers, using left and right arrow keys, both on touch devices, touching the sides of the screen.

Click here to play or click here to download source

Here a screenshot:



Probably it isn't very well-made as a game, but in my opinion it's a good example of what you can actually build using portable devices like tablets.
Feel free to post any feedback or criticism, as always all comments are welcome. See you at the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment